Wednesday, November 6, 2013

That's The Plan, Stan.


It's actually real. I'm actually finished school forever. I actually dropped out, even though no one thought I was serious about it. 

Truth is, I know exactly where I'm going and what I want to do. It's just that everyone else thinks I don't.
I don't really like telling people what I'm planning on doing, because dreams are precious and hope is easily squashed. You've got to be careful who you tell your dreams to, be wise about the people you entrust it with - they will either make or break you. 
A lot of people are just trying to be "realistic", "common sense" and your "voice of reason". But common sense never did anything great in the world. 

God did not tell me to drop out of school, no. Never. That was my decision. 
I'm sick of waiting, and I'm sick of being at school when my heart is not in it. It was not a rash decision to leave, it was a well thought out, well prayed about decision. Just because I'm not at school, does not mean I will stop learning. 
A lot of people ask me if it's scary. I would be lying if I said no. But that is only the tiniest part in me that is fearful. Mostly, I am at peace and am thrilled to be leaving because I know it is the right decision. It doesn't bother me that I won't have level 3. If I wanted to go to uni I could always do a bridging course, but if all goes to plan I will be 21 by the time I'm finished doing internship anyway.

For me, it's either go hard or go home. I'm in it to win it, or I'm not in it at all. 
God wants my life, and that's what I plan to do. 
Internship is not the only solution to that, but it is a good place to start. My heart is for women's ministry, and I can do that through internship. There is currently nothing at university that I want to study, and I don't want to waste money in doing something that I am only later going to change my mind about. Uni is not even on the cards at the moment, I just have no desire for it. I would rather study through the church and get the hands on experience as well as the qualification, all the whilst serving Jesus and building his church. 

For most people, ministry is kind of a back up plan. They have their career sorted out, in case it doesn't work out. For me, it has always been the other way around. I felt God speak to me about it at Conference 2010 or 11, and it's something that's been on my heart ever since. Maybe that's foolish, but I trust in God. That is my plan. However, if that happens not to work out for whatever reason, I will still love and serve Jesus all the same. If that doesn't work out I can always go to university and do fashion. 

In the end, God's will and not mine. So we'll see what happens. 
I know what the end goal is, I don't know how the journey there will pan out though - and that's okay. 
The plan is to change the world. 




No comments:

Post a Comment