I feel it is only appropriate to talk about life, as my birthday is in two days.
I was given the gift of life almost 17 years ago, and so often I take it for granted rather than treasure it.
The fact that I am alive and breathing is praise worthy on its own, but I am so fortunate - I have a roof over my head, food on the table for every meal, a bed to sleep in and clothes to wear. I'm blessed beyond compare.
Life is a race, it is short. We need to run it with purpose, and cast off all distractions that can hinder us or sway us from achieving that purpose.
The encouraging thing about life, is that we're not doing it alone.
Even in the loneliest of moments, when we think we're overlooked or forgotten, God still sees us.
He still waits for us to come running to Him, to take His hand and run the race with Him.
Imagine how it must feel to create a being that you love so much that you would send your only son to die for, to create a being so they could worship you alone and be in relationship with you. And everyday you wait in hope that maybe they would just acknowledge you, if not talk to you and do life with you, but to no avail. Despite the fact that you gave them life, they are too busy to spend time with you and to thank you.
I am so sorry Jesus.
The amount of times where I have woken up or gone about my day caught up in the 'busyness' of life, where I have forgot to spend time with Him, is disgusting. When in all reality, nothing else matters. He saved me and gave me life, I owe Him my life - the least I could do is acknowledge Him. And it's so simple too, yet so many of us do it.
I would rather spend one day in His courts, one moment in His presence, than a thousand days elsewhere.
Nothing else matters.
The smartest thing I could do with my life, would be to focus it completely on Him.
Spend every moment with Him, do everything for Him, find myself in Him.
Thankyou Jesus for giving me life.
I am blessed. You are enough for me.

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment